Originally Posted By: Noel96
You were the person who introduced me to Miroslav a few years ago through one of your compositions. I can't remember the name of the music now (ageing brain issue) but your arrangement used one of the most beautiful oboe sounds that I'd ever heard. Since then, I've been looking at getting Miroslav. When the price fell to $49, I couldn't let it pass.

I've always loved the sound of the oboe. IMHO, it was the best sound of the EMU Orchestral Module. When I finally scraped enough money together for a used Roland S-50, the EMU oboe was the first instrument I sampled.

But I suspect that the oboe you heard came from the Garritan Personal Orchestra, which has some really nice woodwinds in it. I love the GPO flute as well.

Not that the Miroslav oboe isn't nice as well.

I'm really hoping PG puts out some ooh and aah RealTracks in the next release. The samples in most libraries (including Miroslav) aren't very "pop", and I'm too darned lazy to record them myself.

Quote:
Hope all is travelling well for you and your family.

Thanks for asking, yes. I've been busy with the family (mostly music stuff) and trying to learn some new instruments. I miss being away from the forum, but hope to find more time next year.

I hope things are going well for you also!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?