Tommy,

(general observation)
something about your songs really resonates with me. There is an honesty to them that removes any possibility of hearing them as being contrived in any way. In that sense, they almost don't even sound like they were composed, its more like they were spoken spontaneously in confidentiality between friends, as afterthoughts, or maybe as part of the due process of figuring out what to do next.

Whatever it is, and whether I can articulate it or not, you have something really solid going on with your songs, and I really like it.

(specific observation)
1) I like the way the two guitar in the intro echo the same pattern

2) I really liked the transition at "Now That I'm on my own I better start thinking I can have a life again

Maybe there's still enough leftover pieces of the man I've been".. It's seamless and effective

3) something about the phrase "maybe I oughta leave this town" struck me as being particularly insightful to what was going on the the central character's mind as he hashed through his situation. Relocating is serious stuff, not done lightly by most people... whereas in our society people often change relationships rather lightly. This line identifies the singers hierarchy of the relationship's importance.

4) I really envy the clarity you achieve in your mixes.