There was at least one suggestion to make the song longer, and so I did. The first part of the new version is simply the old version, nothing at all changed...I basically just "tacked" on a second movement.

The basic details of the first hold true, but I did a lot more playing with getting tracks out of BIAB, taking into Reaper, and getting jiggy with effects; plus, obviously, I added more of me noodlin' on guitars...I think it sounds pretty nice, actually... within certain limitations. It took me just a handful of hours to accomplish this. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/eric-ryser/thundering-new-age-surprise-finished

P.S. thanks for the continued nice remarks, I suppose it might be prudent at some point to hope people read this and know I mean it when I say I appreciate them VERY much, rather than to answer every single post unless something specific in the post calls for it.

P.P.S. Yeah, posted that last night all bleary-eared. This morning, I realize that new mix (the second part) is far from finished...it's crap...but at least the ideas are flowing...and the first part is fine, I'm perfectly satisfied with that...

Last edited by DIOECHOOTO; 12/08/15 06:23 AM.