Originally Posted By: hollywoodimage
Hello, I am a manager, producer, recording engineer, and musician. I just signed up for ArtistPR and I can tell you they are the real deal. That does NOT mean you will get famous and make money overnight. I am produce and promote music for Christine Lee. I have done a lot of research online and have read through The Indie Bible. I also have private non-music related businesses. ArtistPR fills the gap for me. I produce songs in my home recording studio, then distribute through TuneCore. I post to all the social networks and to some internet radio stations. I have ordered The Indie Bible and read their material. Both ArtistPR and The Indie Bible give resources and contact to help with press releases, marketing campaigns, and radio play. The Indie Bible has a list of live venues you can play at. I think what makes ArtistPR unique is their online courses to market and promote your music. While TAXI seems to cater to super big music writers and people who make jingles and license their songs for TV/retail outlets, etc. ArtistPR seems to work for a small start-up band/musical artist. They assigned me a personal concierge and treat my requests very well. They thusfar have responded to my email requests and questions within 1 day. They are polite. You do pay a monthly fee for their services, but you can cancel at anytime and it is not hard to do (just call them or hit their cancel out button). They do feature you on their pages. Everything counts: blogs, social websites, and getting on pages like ArtistPR. What I can say: the online teaching ArtistPR gives you, along with the contact list, is way better than anything you can get online for free, and it is all in one place neatly arranged like school courses in logical sequence. I think any serious independent artist should distribute through a service like Tunecore or CD Baby, get contacts and live venue info from The Indie Bible, and learn the art of marketing and promotion from ArtistPR. In the end, it is up to the artist, manager, and producer to make their music heard around the world. No one will do it for you unless you are Madonna or Justin Bieber - and NO, ArtistPR did NOT pay me to post this. I just believe independent artists out there should get honest feedback. I support any company that provides services for independent artists. You can buy The Indie Bible and a few months of ArtistPR for the amount of money you would spend on NBA tickets or good seats at a rock concert (assuming you brought several family members). I cannot see the future and have no way of knowing if we will succeed to the highest levels, but I have hope and a dream, and these companies lend a helping hand. In the end, it is not up to them - it is up to me.

Have you heard of The Starmaker Machine?