Originally Posted By: J. Larry
In addition to just horns, could you develop a few styles that blend either horns or strings with a vocal harmony group, providing a smooth backing for a soloist? Or, maybe some styles that feature vocal group harmony alone, with a rhythm section. I’m not thinking of church choir singing, but something that sounds pop or jazz styling. I know it when I hear it---Manhattan Transfer, Singers Unlimited, The Blenders, The Carpenters, and others. Think of all the possibilities for vocal harmony----bebop lines, scat, ballad harmonies, doo-[*****], country, etc.. I don’t know if that’s possible within the BIAB format, but it sure would add another dimension to the BIAB arsenal. And, in addition to more “Crooner” horn styles----speaking for myself only-----I’d like to see more uptempo styles featuring a western swing flavor, with a touch of jazz styling. Some of the Asleep At The Wheel recordings come to mind, along with the recordings by the steel player, Buddy Emmons and his big band swing albums.

+1 for that.

Vocal styles would be a freat addition.

BIAB 2017 Everything, RB 2017
Lenovo All-in-One. i5, 8gb Ram, 1 TB SHDD, Windows 10
Presonus AudioBox,Studio One 3, Behringer Xenyx302,
M-Audio Axiom 61, Samson Graphite 49.
Lenove Flex 15, i3,Windows 10