Be Brave: This is a nice upbeat tune. I like the repetition of the chorus emphasizing for the youngster to know there is nothing to fear.

The song: Once again my nits are toward the lyrics.

1. I didn't connect with "You'll walk the road
a blanket spread before you." I've never seen a blanket down a road. It was difficult for me to image.

2. I didn't find "scars" to be a good word choice. Not from the view of a father talking to his son or the be brave theme of the song.

3. "Through hail and wind - Through 'nclement weather struggling" is what Floyd Jane has taught me to be stumble words. You should be able to hear how you stumble a bit in your phrasing. Besides, " 'nclimate weather struggling" is just rephrasing "through hail & wind." I'd suggest rewriting this verse for better phrasing.

This was a nice listen. I could relate to most of the images you made.

I had the experience of walking to school in the first grade. I recall running into all sorts of 'imagined' obstacles my first day and actually leaving school without permission that first day, returning home to tell my mother I didn't want to have anything to do with school.

We moved the summer between first and second grade and from that point on, I rode the school bus except for the occasions I was suspended from riding the bus for misbehavior.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.