Nice mix. Everything sounded really nice and in the proper place. Good levels and tone, and the vocal sets in the right place.

Since it's French, I didn't understand a single word... due to the language there wasn't a smooth lyrical flow in a few places.... things sounded rushed to get it all in the limited space. But it is what it is in that respect.

As far as loudness, it sounded to be at the proper level of loudness to me. Don't make the mistake of thinking everything needs to be loud. This song, for it's genre and style were appropriately loud enough. Often, if you try to squeeze every last dB out of a mix, you end up totally ruining the dynamics. I'd rather have a lower volume with a nicely dynamic mix than to have a loud mix that has no dynamic range left.

That said... you can export the mix as a wave and move it to a DAW or to a Wave Editor where you can apply normalization, compression and limiting to the wave before you convert it to MP3.

Here's 2 screenshot photos. The first is over-compressed.... all the life and dynamics have been compressed out. It's loud and the entire song stays at the same volume level. The second photo is fairly loud but as you can see still has lots of head room left. You should aim for the second photo when mixing and mastering the music you write.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 02/06/16 03:32 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.