Thanks Floyd!

Here is the story . . . (I'll try to keep it short)

I'm a drummer . . . I managed and produced a band I put together in the 80's and got us signed to major label.

That lifestyle can get real ugly and I got out of music . . . (long story - fast forward a decade +) . . .

got talked into playing for church when a persistent worship pastor said: you have played for the other side, have you ever thought about serving God with your talent?

Made me think . . .

I ended up starting a successful Worship Music Open Mic . . . a place where worship leaders could kind of let their hair down and sing and worship different than they do on Saturday or Sunday . . .

After a year, that became more about promotion and less about worship so I left that . . .

I had been writing songs for a couple of years so I bought a Fretlight guitar from Sweetwater . . .

LOVED the concept of a lighted fret board to learn different phrasings etc . . .

First one got here and 5 fret were DEAD! I had never bought a guitar on-line . . . Sweetwater was good to their name and took it back and sent a new one . . .

Frets dead on it too . . . truss rod adjustments are different in these guitars and if over done will separate the fretboard from the neck . . .

Called sweetwater and they sent me to local repair shop and said they would pay . . . I love Sweetwater!

Long story short, I gave Sweetwater their assessment and they had me send it back and refunded my money . . . no problems! Class company to deal with - I buy most of my stuff there.

I went to local guitar store to try out "better" guitars . . .

Breedloves were hard to play . . . required too much effort . .

I loved the necks of the Martins and how fast they were . . .I tried a couple but they were real dark . . . top end seemed to be lacking

I tried some Taylors . . . they had the top end but lacked the bottom end of the Martins . . .

Tried an Alex Lifeson PRS private stock and almost had a heart attack at the price . . . loved the thin body though!

Decided, maybe in my price range I would not get what I was looking for so I decided to go used . . .

I started looking on ebay and craigslist . . .

I saw an add for the EMP-1 on craigslist. Never heard of it so I looked up the history . . . and the body was THIN!

I called the guy who happened to be a worship pastor for his church . . .

Met with him and bought guitar . . .

that is short story crazy

Last edited by Even If; 02/09/16 11:07 AM.