Mike, to partially answer your questions our piano tuner and I had a similar conversation on his last visit. Our upright piano is tuned to 432Hz. I asked him why and he said older upright pianos, ours is over 100 years old, sound warmer at 432Hz. Also it puts less tension on the strings and wooden parts. He said spinets and in house baby grands and grands sound better, a little brighter, at 440Hz. Symphonic orchestras like to tune at 442-444Hz because it is quite a bit brighter than 440Hz. Concert solo grands are usually tuned to 445 Hz or higher. This is the brightest a piano can be but it also puts more wear and tear on the wooden parts and there are a lot of string breaks when tuned that high. He said he keeps a tuning book on his clients so he knows how the piano should be tuned.

Thus the lower the Hz tuning the warmer and less wear and tear on the piano while higher Hz tuning the brighter the sound with the most wear and tear on the piano.

Note he said that he tunes the concert pianos at the local colleges either monthly or bi-monthly depending on the college.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware