Hi all,

I have collected various studio items over the last few decades - played around with each for a short time - never got all to work together from my computer.

My central rig will be a Presonus Firepod connected to my PC, with BB/RB as the main DAW. In addtion I

I have a few questions I thought you might help me with:

1.) I have a few different effects boxes - most have only MIDI IN and MIDI OUT, one has a THRU also, and one only a MIDI IN. Having never used MIDI cables to connect and centrally control all devices:

a.) Do I simply go from my Presonus Out to a first IN, then OUT to IN - until the last box with the IN only ? Is it worth buying a central MIDI interface box to simplify connections.

b.) With what software and from where would I want to control my Effects boxes and program changes ?
- Can it all be done from BB/RB ? Is there even a reason to do this ?
- Are MIDI messages to effects boxes mainly for toggling effects for different songs and different parts of songs ?
- Are there other practical uses - or am I studying connectivity for no practical reason
- Is there recommended software/hardware for controlling mulitple effects processors and synths during live performance ?

2.) I have about 4 boxes that accept USB connections to my computer.

a.) Can I use a powered USB hub to control all 4 - or would that lower throughput so that each should be directly connected to the computer

3.) Where to install BB/RB vs. DAW software vs. Digital Synthesizers - should all 3 be on separate disk drives, or is it OK if BB/RB and Digital Synths are on the same drive ?

4.) Any other gotchas or advice when connecting so many devices to your computer ?

Feel free to answer one or as many points as you like - and as always, thanks to all of you who generously share your experience.