Well...this outpouring has been amazing and helpful and a great sanity check.

As suggested, I did strip tracks off, starting with 2, and removed all bar and chord setting (many times, I'm always finding something here and there, and often the ending no longer plays correctly if I change much or certain things. I don't mean anything near the ending, but eventually I get it back on track).

Starting with 2 tracks and building is excellent, nod to DGA and others.

I've not even learned about compression yet, way over my head as it is. I did get 1 song the way I like it. I don't have formal music training, can't read it, so no note tweaks, just worked with what I had. I ran it thru LandR a couple of different ways, and the result was what I was looking for (just for Reverbnation, and perhaps later I'll use it to explain/show the studio/producer what I want in the song).

Here's something I could use help with, and I was able to accomplish this previously, but must have tweaked/set something up wrong. Let's say, for simplicity's sake.

I record 3 tracks on BIAB, guitar, drum, bass, get them where I like them, render to wav files, then I load the wav files on a separate digital recorder I use in my home studio, Zoom R16, which has worked great for me.

The 3 tracks play great on the Zoom, the settings from BIAB are generally preserved, the volume can be a little iffy for each, but the tempo is right on for them.

Then, using the Zoom, I'll record a vocal track (separate track, mono, 24 bit).

Zoom saves all files as wavs. I'll transfer the one vocal wav track back to BIAB, (File, Import audio wav etc files). I only do this so I can see if I'd like different/additional instrument tracks. This worked fine previously, but now the audio file loaded into BIAB is out of sync and the tempo is off.

To test, I loaded all 4 wav files (all 3 instrument wavs from BIAB, and the 1 vocal wav from the Zoom unit) directly into a couple DAWs and everything is in sync there.

Is there a fix for it in BIAB? Or can I correct something I've set improperly?

(I have rebooted and fully shut down all devices several times to see. Just in general, I do have to do this often with BIAB anyway for some reason, and the error at the time is missing once rebooted).

Also, while I'm begging for info, when I make a chord change, it is not recognized until I regenerate the entire song. Like if I just regenerate the piano, it will recognize the new chord, but the other non-regenerated instruments will not. I'm sure there's a better way to do this, hate regenerating when it's not required.)

Thanks everyone.

Andy

2016 BIAB UltraPlusPak HD
Windows 8.1
8 GB, 64-bit, 2 TB
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB 2.0 Audio Interface
M-Audio AV40 Monitors (powered)
Zoom R16 Recorder - Interface - Controller