Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
First Janice and Bud in a few months?? Man, that trend needs to CHANGE! They should be... um... weekly? Yeah, I'd like that!

So many things to say:

1) Did you take the picture of the cassette that's on the YouTube page? If so, I like the fact that the tape that's pulled out has been kinked into a heart (I'm guessing that was intentional)

2) I like the way you developed the metaphor of a cassette tape as compared to a relationship... that thought wouldn't have crossed my mind in a million years! And beyond the idea itself, your application of each aspect of tape to the relationship really holds up! Clever lyrics all around!

3) I thought the use of video to present the lyrics was a great idea, and I'm kind of surprised we don't see a lot more of that

4) I really liked Janice's delivery on this .. the way she played with the timing added interest above and beyond the interest contained in the words

5) VERY impressed by Janice's first percussion track(s)! Apparently she's one of those people who can do anything she sets her mind to. Gotta respect the willingness to try new things and the talent to pull it off the first time!

6) Of course I though the rewind snippet at the end was a clever way to conclude the tape... especially because I listened to it multiple times, and every one of them left me feeling like I was actually rewinding a tape! ;-)

7) PeterF, man, it didn't take you long on the forum before you started collaborating with the heavy hitters! And I must say it was a collaboration that worked out well for everybody! Your guitar playing added a very appropriate groove for the song, and I liked the wah effect!

Hats off to everybody involved with this project!

1. All the photos are public domain mostly from pixabay. Having an idea of what photo might represent a lyric image is the easiest part. The difficulty is finding a PD image that is high enough resolution to be cropped to 16:9 and still look good. I don't use any that don't fit these two self imposed criteria. After finding the photos I then use various editors to give them a somewhat similar look in hue and texture. And for some of our vids I have shot my own photos when unable to find them in the PD. I used two of mine in Mystic Chords and one in Ways of Forgetting.

2. Glad you liked the lyric. The ONLY style of lyric that comes to me with some relative ease is the 12 bar blues format which is almost invariably nothing profound and requires less rhyming smile

3. The lyric video is a good way to get a song on YouTube when, if like me, one is unwilling to venture into the land of video clips or not talented enough to create your style of videos.

4. Janice thanks you. I just hand her a lyric and she riffs away.

5. For 35 years I've noticed her tapping out little rhythms while listening to music...don't think she's even aware of it. So I decided to tap into it...awful pun, yep.

6. The snippet was Peter's idea and a good one!

7. Yep, the wah wah finally gave a direction and feel to the song after much experimenting with other approaches.

Thanks Pat, as always, for taking your time to listen and make such thoughtful remarks. We cherish them!

J&B