If you don't generate the tracks at least once, all you are going to get is a chord grid with nothing to play. The generation can either be done when you load the BIAB file, or after you've loaded it (if you have "don't generate" checked), but they have be somehow be generated if you are going to get any sound.

As Noel said, a frozen track isn't the generated track itself, it's just the instructions to re-create the track. The track still has to be generated to play.

And again, unlike BIAB, RealBand has to generate all the tracks completely before it plays anything back. BIAB lets you start playback shortly after generating, because it keeps generating the song in the background while the song starts. What that means is if you make changes in BIAB, for example, and then select to play towards the end of the song, it's probably going to take about as longa s RealBand to regenerate, because it has to generate up to (and slightly past) your play point before starting to play.\

RealBand just does it all up front, and then on a track by track basis as you work with your file (unless of course, you tell it to completely regenerate your BIAB tracks).

That being said, I believe it should honor the settings made in BIAB (such as pan, volume, envelopes, MIDI velocity, pitch bends, whatever). However, not everything may come across, for example, because the two apps don't share VST/VSTi presets or even the same list of available VSTi instruments and VST effects. Audio/MIDI Channels and Ports can be completely different between the two. But what can be brought in from the BIAB file should be brought in to RealBand (at least as a user-settable option).

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com