Originally Posted By: Even If
I think Janice has a wonderful voice . . . every time I hear her there is a tension that I as a listener feel . . . let me explain:

I feel like at any moment she could go "full on" Janis Joplin which is one of my favorite female singers of all time . . .

So when I listen to the dissonance in her voice, I am on the edge of my seat waiting . . .

good song you guys did . . .

blessings!

Thanks for listening and commenting! There's a great new Janis Joplin documentary currently airing on PBS. Well worth watching.

Glad you liked the song.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Cool tune.... liked the comparisons to an old cassette.

Nice things can happen when you add live instruments to the mix. Experiments sometimes yield good results, and you got that job done in this song.

Thumbs up

Thanks! Glad the experiment worked for you. Until Peter came in I had my doubts but he nailed the funky vibe. Cool that you liked the cassette references. There's a generation now that would not get it smile

J&B

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Really fine, love the laid back feel of this. nice video too.

Kenny

Thanks Kenny. Glad you also liked the video.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I nearly skipped this one. So glad I didn't. So much of the time I find reggae music to be very cliched for my taste. This is terrific and is really in you guys wheelhouse. I should have known you would put your unique touch on it. Bud, your mixes are always top notch and your production ideas really worked on this tune. PeterF's guitar is in the mix just right. Janice's vocals and percussions are spot on. Like many others, i'm going back again and again. Rewind me again, back for another listen. Enjoyed this one a lot. One of your best in my opinion.

We much appreciate that Charlie. This went through many permutations and I'm glad it ended up somewhere that has some appeal to folks. I've listened to reggae on the side off and on for years but have never thought much about the nuances in it. Rhythm wise it's interesting and different but as you alluded to it has become somewhat cliched. I think Peter's guitar broke it out of that mold. Thanks again. We appreciate your support!

J&B