Ah, there ya go. That makes sense. I do not think anyone ever said that before or referred to it in a video or instruction. Unless I completely missed it. seems like the kind of thing you would put in bold with a magic marker and talk about at the beginning of your video, right?? But again, it may have been there and I missed it.

Thanks John!!!

Originally Posted By: jford
Quote:
I tend to think a UT is intended for a unique use that can be played over various tempos and key signatures.

UT's also let me play in the style of, well, "me". There are some things that I do on the piano that seem to find their way into multiple songs, and a UT would let me capture that for multiple songs.

Also, there are several songs I play that, for example, use running arpeggiated 16th notes. A UT would allow me to capture that for multiple songs, without having to re-record it each time.

And for David Snyder, I think your question was asked in the other thread you posted where it's the multiple SGU's that you would play along with to cover different genres, chords, feel, etc. You don't just record the 4 or 5 chords found in the one file. Each file will have different chords.

UT's allow you to store multiple SGU and WAV files in a single UT folder, and the UT manager keeps track of what's there (which chords, the length of the phrases, etc) and picks an appropriate riff to play depending upon your song's chord progression.

This also allows you to start with something simple, then add more variation to it later.