First you did get your iRig Keyboard to function in BIAB, correct? (it was that little gotcha' "hit play (or record)" to actually allow iRig MIDI notes to be sent, by BAIB, to your selected VSTi(s)to trigger sounds)

Second you really need at LEAST one other "DAW" like program - so when things seem weird or act weird in RB/BIAB you have another program to see if you can repeat issue.

http://www.musictech.net/2015/10/the-5-best-freeware-daws/

http://routenote.com/blog/the-10-best-free-daws-available/

Actually I think some (most) of the above are TRIAL DAW's not really free forever but...

Finally, take heart you are correct: I hear quite a few BAD notes, not as many as "in-tune" notes using the PC keyboard bottom row, with a once in a while use of the second row up (passing tones),
with the keyboard wizard no matter how configured but enough to make me think I'm doing something wrong.

I've never had luck with the PC keyboard wizard - I remember it never seemed right to me so I have never really played with it after first attempt back in my BIAB DOS (or did that function first appear in BIAB win 3.1?)! So until playing with that function today, it's been well over 20+ years since I've even given that function a look or a try!

And FORGET about using an external Keyboard for this function. If this is supposed to be for a keyboard or music novice then the function should have kept chord tones and passing tones physically separated on the keyboard - not interspersed like a REAL melody line using chord/scale/mode notes - or at least all white notes for chord tones and all black notes for passing tones or similar break down)

I read the PG Help file [for others reading this: BIAB Help, Search tab, type "Wizard" and it is the second entry down: "Wizard Play along Feature"] but in practice it's not what it says nor does it function as implied, unless there is a caveat they forgot to mention (e.g., this only works for SGUs and not MGUs, or only "this or that" type song, or you can only play quarter or half notes - timing wise).

Maybe this is one to report to maybe Peter or some one at PG will drop in here to BETTER explain "how to" (shouldn't be hard - only need to use the bottom row of PC keys to test or demonstrate, right?)

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20