Hi Matt, Thanks for your response. I am using BIAB 2016 on a brand new HP laptop, 12 gig ram, pentium 5, Windows 10. I am using BIAB in a little garage band scenario: BIAB on laptop connects via usb to an Allen & Heath Zed 10 FX mixer, then out to powered pa speakers. At about bar 80 on any given song, the sound cuts out and abruptly restarts about 5 seconds later. The sound card appears to be Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth with a driver latency at 104 ms. I am also using a VSTI bass plugin for the bass track: SampleTank 3 PBass. Unfortunately, I am not adept at the nuances of setting this type of thing up. For example, I don't know where to find the DXI you spoke of, or even what it is. I went to the preferences / real band settings, but I did not see any settings for speed or performance. Also, I have searched for any sign of a sound card control showing up from the A&H mixer, but no luck. Due to the newness of the computer, I't doesn't seem like that many junk programs could be running. My wireless connection is through our house modem fed through our cable company, Charter Cable. The internet works fine on the laptop. Thanks again for checking this out!