OK - an update. With the help of Kallum (I believe) in tech support, we got it working.

Here's what they had me do:

a. Update RealBand to 2016 (7) from RealBand (3). (This didn't seem to have any effect but it was a good idea to do in any case.)

b. Close RealBand.

c. Delete the RealBand.INI and RB.CFG files located in the /RealBand/ folder. (I just renamed them at RB.CFG.old and RealBand.INI.old. These files are where the config parameters for the system are stored.

d. Uninstall and reinstall CoyoteForte synth.

e. Relaunch RealBand.

f. Check MIDI Devices menu and make sure it's set up as follows:

- Input Driver: USB O2 (for the M-Audio controller I am using)
- Output Driver: LoopBe Internal MIDI
- Re-Route MIDI playback checked
- CoyoteWT selected as Default synth

At this point the keyboard was working and I was getting CoyoteWT sounds out of it.

g. Now, in the MIDI Devices menu, change the default synth selection to ForteDXi Plug-in.

h. Go to RealBand and select an open track. Make that track a MIDI track. Right click on the Track and select Channel 1. Right click on the Track and select a Program (sound).

Now I have the selected sound coming out of my speakers when I play the MIDI controller and I can record MIDI tracks on RealBand.

Other settings:

- ASIO4All Driver must be selected.
- Make sure the ASIO4All Driver control panel is showing the desired audio output as highlighted in the WDM Device List.
- Set the ASIO Buffer Size to the lowest number of samples possible that don't cause a problem in the sound. Right now I am using 512 samples and this results in very little latency and no audio problems.

Hugh Heinsohn