Hello, I would like to have your thoughts on my home office/studio project please. I've all but finished now, just need to decide on flooring. Up until tonight I have been 100% convinced of carpet, however looking for advise and everyone I've read says to use wood flooring. My problem is the room is really echoey (if thats how you spell it) and needs damping down and maybe some limited acoustic foam in specific places. Would my small room warrant carpet in this instance for recording vocals and guitar as well as mixing? It's going to be a multi function room as office/studio/light workshop as hinted by last photo showing desk and workbench. I'm will be covering floor and shelf area with whatever. The ceiling was insulated with board+polystyrene, the floors were raised with chip wood and polystyrene sheets between battens, the walls have all been plastered and painted.

First photo shows my previous home office where I recorded all my tracks (if you've ever listened to them). So I'm trying to improve on what I had.

Last edited by PaulH; 07/07/16 08:52 AM.