Originally Posted By: lambada
If I'm using BIAB on my tablet and outputting to two channels on the PA, do I just pan bass and drums left and the rest right in BIAB?

If I'm using eg bluetooth to an Aux in on a PA (sometimes I just use wave files live from a phone or tablet), what do I do? Presumably I record them panned left and right. It sounds like a great idea as I find this a problem with backing tracks, but I don't get how to do it. Thanks. grin

Yes, pan Biab so the Bass and Drum parts are L and everything else is R. A stereo breakout cable is plugged into the headphones out mini jack so you have two cables to run to your PA. You need your PA to have individual volume and tone controls for the two channels. If the bass is too loud but the drums are ok just trimming the low freq control is enough, or if they're both simply too loud or too soft you adjust the volume. I'm sure you know how to run your PA.

When you said sometimes you use bluetooth to go into your AUX that could work but most AUX inputs I've seen don't break out into separate channels. It may be a stereo AUX input but that channel only has one set of controls which won't help.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.