Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Will,
What an opening. It really grabbed my attention. The vocals are really well done. Excellent work.
SD

As usual, the opening was the last thing added, it needed something to break the silence before the drums hit.
The vocal and lead guitar were part of an earlier version (pre-BB) using a rhythm track from my Yaaha keyboard, recorded onto my Tascam DP24. Somehow, the file got corrupted and I was unable to do further work on that version or even transfer the tracks to Pro Tools. Finally, I discovered a DP24 file with the unassembled parts, over 1000 of them. I rooted out the vocal and lead guitar elements, created a new rhythm track on BB at the same tempo, then manually positioned the parts into it on Pro Tools. Yes, I could have asked Bob and Jake to re-record, but they are hard to pin down, and I would rather save their next visit for a new song. The opening is Bob's vocal processed through an Audacity effect called Paulstretch.

ProTools 12, Faderport 8, Melodyne, JBL monitors, Novation UltraNova, Yamaha MX49, Stratocaster, Telecaster, Rickenbacker 12, Ovation 12, Vox VT20X amp