Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Peter/Leon,

Nice job on the drum opening! Good mix. Nice repeating guitar licks for a signature sound.

The chorus is really catchy. Like a late 60's AM hit. Dave Clark Five came to mind. Freddie and The Dreamers. The Turtles. Nice harmonies...

A terrific listen. Enjoyed it.

floyd

floyd already said pretty much what I was going to say. ROCK SOLID production!

My only additional comment is that everything about the music is upbeat... the tempo, the style, the delivery, the key is major... but the message is somewhat dark, and that creates a bit of cognitive dissonance as I listen.

The closest commercial song about which I'd say the same thing is Linda Ronstadt/Stone Ponies "Different Drum" ... But the disconnect doesn't seem to have hurt the way her song was received, so maybe it's just me.

My own musical sensibilities would like to hear this message delivered with a slower song in a minor key, or the same song with a more upbeat message.

Having said all that, I think the song and the lyrics are both very good, the song is a treat, and I imagine you are quite pleased with this one.. you certainly should be!

Pat
Thanks for the comprehensive review appreciate it. I felt the lyric was somewhat tongue in cheek hence the major feel. Not sure what the author felt didn't bother asking him - which often leads to some interesting interpretations. He mainly picks me up on phrasing issues (& playing too much guitar).

Last edited by PeterF; 07/13/16 10:09 PM.