Your Boring Happiness

Hi, all!
This is a work in progress because if I can make it work I want to add lyrics and additional color; but I think it stands nicely enough on it's own as a subtle nuanced instrumental.

My contributions are the lead guitar passages and of course the curiously restless chord changes, which were arrived at via running a quasi-improvisational jam-with-myself through the BIAB chord detection utility. I really love the result in this case, YMMV.

The title is a nod to Aldous Huxley's quip: I can sympathize with people's pains, but not with their pleasure. There is something curiously boring about somebody else's happiness.

The work is meant to be included in a thematic album around Manchurian Candidates, mind control, transhumanism, Gov black ops...you know, fun light stuff. Don't worry, though, there's a very good chance it'll never actually get made, lol! Which is fine with me, it's the trying and the dreaming that's fun!

Style: dreamy pop ballad, all RealTracks.
Guitar: Fender Squire II, recorded in Reaper. Guitar effect pedal: Korg AX1G on factory "FOO" setting
Mixed in Reaper. Reaper reverb and delay on soloing guitar after recording.

[Link no longer valid]

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 09/02/20 09:25 AM.