Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Hey!
Wonderful job by all, strong vocals, all the instruments sound great. Beautiful write, beautiful harmonies.

Kenny

Thanks, Kenny. Always pleased to see you around here... and always looking forward to your next one...

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Wow, floyd and Janis! That was HOT in more ways than one! It was even MIXED hot! I was listening with cans and the opening just about blew my brains out!

I'm curious to know if you already have the harmony line defined when you turn it over to Janice, or if she has creative control over what to sing. Either way, that synergy between and tightness of the two voices was very noticeable in this song. As tommy said, the timing was tricky... I couldn't anticipate when the notes would begin, even with the words righty on front of me... my Janice was right there and rock solid, never missing a cue. Like any band that performs together for long, y'all have been doing this long enough now that you have a groove going. Very cool advantage to have!

I liked the loud live sound to this, which is summarized in the sustained guitar note at the end of the song. In fact I want to hear this in a coliseum!

The lyrical metaphor is developed very skillfully here.. I liked the way you selected words that have meaning in both the forging sense and the relationship sense. Have you ever been in a forge shop? My last job was related to forging, and it is sensory-stunning to stand in the same building when the forge hammers are hitting. Much like falling in and out of love, I suspect.

If I had to describe this song in two words, they would be "AWE" and "INSPIRING" (in that order)

Pat - your reviews are always a pleasure to read... I think the loud thing happens because there is no processing of the files when I upload them to my own site (like there would be on Soundcloud or other music sites).

Most often, I simply send a song to Janice with these instructions: "Do your thing, girl." She doesn't need any more than that.

I appreciate that you appreciate what goes into the lyric.

Looking forward to your next project...

Originally Posted By: SpaceDog
Floyd and Janice,
What a combination. Outstanding song. Well done.
SD

Thanks, SD