Hi, Rob and Anne-Marie. Thanks much! I'll definitely post it when it's done. Now I HAVE to succeed, lol! Feels good.

Hi, Pat. You nailed it, brother! I just have to see it through, knowing it won't be for everyone...but hey, what is? In any case, you explained the situation eloquently, and I appreciate it, man!

In a philosophical and musicological vein: it's interesting to note that some musical movements (genres) have less adherents and are considered less accessible. Free Jazz would undoubtedly be considered (even if only by tabulation of the numbers of sales/listens) less accessible, with less adherents than, say, Cool Jazz. What would the main complaint be? "it sounds too random" would be my very confident guess. People that don't like any jazz at all, what is their main complaint? Pretty much the same.

I hear a beautiful coherency in the way this tune turned out, but I can hardly be objective (is there any such thing in music appreciation?). The chord changes are what the software decided to make of a semi-improvised session of mine. It's an interesting academic question as to who "really" picked the chords, and the way I would put it is that the software imposed a music-theoretical formalism on my performance mixture of happy and unhappy plans and accidents.

Last edited by DIOECHOOTO; 07/20/16 07:26 AM.