hi Paddy,

I read thru the comments before listening, and I was intrigued by all of the references to the chord progression. Now that I've listened, I have to agree that it is very innovative the way you used lots of transitional chords in places where you could probably have gotten away with playing the same chord the whole time (but that would be boring) Isn't it PURE FUN experimenting with chords and melodies and lyrics?

Listening thru the lyrics, it wasn't perfectly obvious whether you were talking about a human relationship or a spiritual relationship... but based on some other things you've said I'm going with the interpretation that the story is being sung from the perspective of deity, with mankind as the recipient of the message.

If that assumption is correct, then it is indeed a very inspirational song, and I'd love to hear the full story about the person you saw come back from the brink.

Paddy, based on the songs you write and the way you express your thoughts when commenting on other peoples' songs, I have to believe you are a special kind of guy... the kind I tend to like and respect. Plus, you write cool songs. ;-)