Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
hi Robert,

I love the concept of this song, and your lyrics are really interesting... full of visual images. The fiddle is used in a novel way, different than we normally hear it in contemporary music.

Of all the instruments in your mix I think the electric guitar matches the mood of the song best. It really shines in the mix.

There are times in the song where it sounds like the song has lost its key. I can't describe it better than that... maybe the chord progression forces notes that don't fit the key of the song, or maybe simply regenerating the real tracks until something more natural is played would be all it takes. I only mention it because I liked the song, but it was a little disconcerting to resolve the uncertain key as I listened.

Another nit is that the fiddle ended kind of abruptly. Again, the simplest fix would be to highlight the passage and regenerate until it ends a little more logically.

having said all that, I thought this was a very cool song, highly original and full of potential.

Hi Pat,
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions of the song. I haven`t yet tried going back to basics with the song`s chord progression to see if I can hear something amiss there (could be as I did change a chord or two in the verses a few times).
Regenerating the Realtracks doesn`t seem to do much to produce a more comfortable fit to the vocals ( it does remove all my carefully toiled over volume nodes though, so I`m glad I have the original version saved !).
I tried many instrument combos before settling on the baritone guitar with fiddle & banjo - glad the sound is unusual.
I agree the fiddle ending is off- creating good intros & endings is part of the learning I`ve yet to get to grips with.

Many thanks again for your feedback,

Robert