Sheriffen -

UserTracks are an advanced feature of Band-in-a-Box, and assumes you already know the basics of how to connect your instrument and make recordings. It takes more than a cursory reading to understand how it works and what is required to create your own UserTracks.

The first thing I would do is read the UserTracks section in the user manual (see page 167) that comes with BIAB.

Second, very carefully read what PGMusic has published on their UserTracks Page. There you will find links to templates, videos, and step by step instructions.

Next, I would check out Solidrock's RealBand Site for more information on creating UserTracks.

Be aware, there are some issues and shortcomings with UserTracks, which will hopefully be fixed in the future.

But again, this is an advanced feature, to be approached after a full understanding of how BIAB works (chord changes, styles, RealTracks, RealDrums, audio, MIDI, etc). This is not something you start off with (not saying that's what you did, but the comment was made as to how to connect your guitar to record).

I also believe that the videos are oriented to the Windows version of BIAB, so that may be part of the problem. If you are having specific issues, then ask how to do something on the BIAB for Mac forum. Lots of good help from other users such as Icelander, Islansoul, and others (who are all BIAB for Mac users).

Good luck!

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com