Beautiful song. It is so well written, arranged, mixed and produced. Your vocals are stellar and exactly right for the song. The harmonies and backing vocals are right for the genre and splendidly performed as well.

I had to wait a few minutes before posting my comments so as not to gush all over this song. It is so close in genre, feel and vibe to what I was doing in the early 1970's with my band Angel Oak.

I agree this is a bit of the early Eagles and Jackson Brown Cali sound but it goes back further than that to the simplicity and purity of Gram Parsons. Were this back in that time, you could easily see Gram Parsons or Rick Nelson in the Stone Canyon days recording this song. The one thing either they or my band would have included that's left out in your version is Pedal Steel Guitar. Not a lot, but it would have been there.

Both Parsons and Nelson, (Angel Oak by imitation and access to a pedal steel player) used the steel for its uniqueness as well as a bit of 'in your face' to the big labels and their total control. So, had midi been available back in the day, both may have used it for that same reason.

This is so authentic to that sound in performance and feel resulting from the chord progression using the minors. Uncannily old, but so new and refreshing once again. This is the most authentic recreation of the pre-Eagles country rock I've heard in the 40 + years since it was actually being performed by bands.

This was nice to hear and I really enjoyed it.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/13/16 05:03 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.