That's an interesting question, why the RealTracks must be connected to the MIDI channels. I assume because the way the program developed as MIDI-based, audio snippets are 'controlled' by MIDI, but we don't know how it may really work.

In your diagram just above, all 16 MIDI channels can be accounted for. Channel 1 generally sends 'control information'. 2-4 are shown. 5 is the alternate channel for Harmony, select-able in the MIDI icon, options. 6-7 are shown. 8-9 are for Harmony (unless using 5). 10 is always drums in the MIDI standard. 11-16 are reserved for the six guitar strings, also in MIDI icon, options, in some MIDI styles as John pointed out. That fills up the first bank of 16.

So much programming over so many years would have to be changed if this scheme were to be changed now. That's why I was wondering if PG Music could address the second bank of 16 MIDI channels instead, and leave those new ones assignable.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors