Hey Y'all it's about time for church, but I have to brag on Floyd here a little bit before I head out.

Folks have talked about "song form" and such in various forum posts and brought up the question from time to time about "what makes a hit." We have even heard discussion about Ralph Murphy and his "rules."

Well, I am going to ask my songwriting group to meticulously study this song that Floyd put together musically. It made my jaw drop open the first time I heard it. Here is what he did:

1.) He used what is known as the "most popular" form in country hits today which is Verse, PreChorus, Chorus (repeat) Bridge, Chorus. (More than 80 percent of hits have this form.)

("Hundred degrees in Baton Rouge" starts the prechorus.)

2.) Then, and this spun my head around, he pulls out a TRIPLE hook in the chorus.

Hook 1 is "Then I head home..."

Hook 2 is "I may be just a number to the rest of the world.."

Hook 3 is "But I'm...the World's Greatest Husband.." and so forth

At this point, the bases are loaded folks, and the first time I heard him do that brief pause before..

"Round here.." [smack!!!]....

I just grinned from ear to ear. That's what you call the grand slam. He just smacked it into the bleachers. Complete mastery of the song form. All I could say was "D..."

Or as Jerry Reed used to say, God rest his soul, "Son!"

Gotta go to church and get my mouth washed out now. Happy Sunday everybody. Great job Floyd. It's a pleasure working with ya!!