Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Sensational Floyd and David

What an absolutely fantastic vibe you've provided.

Great feel-good lyrics,

Perfect choice of instruments,

Master vocal delivery, harmonies and everything.

Classic for sure (except that boss of yours needs to learn a thing or two wink )

Thanks again for 'nother great one.

Hi, Trevor! We appreciate you stopping by for a listen... and for that nice review...

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Fantastic! first thing that hit me was how good all the balance and the instrumentation was. Everything fits so smoothly right up to the very last note, really good production, that's just on one listen, maybe I missed something, but I was impressed. The country singer as hero or in a good positive light. I wonder if discussions on the last song inspired anything here? As a writer I have my mental notebook, I think we all have one. I have favorite song ideas that
I've tucked away, especially favorite songs that had occupations mentioned and Jimmy Webb's Lineman For The County came to mind. I always wanted to use that occupation in a song and may still write that some day, not implying anything taken from Webb here at all,
it's just that I couldn't help but think of that song too, which is
probably another good thing about this great collaboration!

Kenny

Kenny - thanks for all of that... hard not to be a Jimmy Webb fan... "Wichita Lineman" IS one of the all-time greats...

Originally Posted By: fgrittner
Another stellar song and recording. I want to say something about comments that follow Floyd's posts that say "radio ready." If we dialed back 25-30 years I would agree. The swill that passes for country music these days is a travesty. There are SO many great country songs on this board but they don't fit the adolescent pickup truck, get drunk, and chase women genre that sells today. Floyd probably knows better than most of us about Nashville songwriting and the club that it is.

Over and out.

LOL... thanks, Fred. I heard an XM station a couple of weeks ago that plays stuff from that time frame (20 - 25 years ago... sometimes hard to believe it's been that...). It was an incredible era for Country songwriting (and production/sound). It seems a shame that the current sound seems to have "wiped that out". It would be nice if there were room for both. I don't mind that "new Country" exists for those who want it (the kids, mainly), but it's a shame that old-guy-Country is so difficult to find. If you search for it, it does still exist - perhaps, one day, it will re-emerge...