Matt,

see mine, John's, et al posts back this past Jan.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=329626&page=4

biggest issue's back then were

1) when I tried to use the trial version with BIAB/RB/PT they were not allowing the plug-in window to be large enough to use (couldn't see any but part of part 1 to select patches) - PG just recently FIXED plug-in window sizing issues.

2) the drawbacks (still unchanged and unfixed by Roland) in ability to make bank and patch selects with Sonar Platinum

Finally, in my case since it DOES sound IDENTICAL to, and has IDENTICAL patches with, my existing SC-8850 I had no reason to fork over money for a SW copy of something I already had in HW - especially for just a GM module.

Frankly a MSRP of $125 for a somewhat dated, but nonetheless usable, Sound Canvas SW sound set, albeit one of only 2 or 3 (depends how and what you count) SW GM compliant plug-ins around (Coyote Forte, TTS-1 and Omnisynth for Sampletank 2) is a little on the high side (at least to me).

On the other hand, THIS Sound Canvas VA sound set (= SC-8850/8820 sounds 1:1) is generally better than all three of those (Forte, TTS-1, and Omnisynth 2 for ST2) .

Yes, that's just MY OPINION but I have ALL of the above SW items and can do "side by sides" with them.
Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20