Well, we did get one feature that made it less clumsy (which was a frequent request of mine): we don't have to type chords into a little box that is hard to see, much less harder to find, and not located close to the cell in which we wanted to enter the chord. smile

I personally don't care if the UI looks dated, per se, but do have issues with things that affect consistency and redundancy:

* if you want to see the Thru or Audio track on the mixer, then you have to extend the mixer down, and now get the ugly grey space between the mixer and the chord grid. Why not be able to see all the tracks in the mixer all the time, as well as the chord grid
* there shouldn't be a static mixer and a different floating mixer; there should be one mixer that is either docked or undocked.
* while there have been some menu improvements, need to do a lot more to remove redundancies. For example, the "File Menu" has "Save Song, "Save Song As...", and "Save Special". And then if you drill into "Save Special", you get (among other things) "Send to SoundCloud.com as .wav", "Send to SoundCloud.com as .wma", "Send to SoundCloud.com as .mp3", "Send to SoundCloud.com as .mp4", "Send to SoundCloud.com as .m4a". Couldn't we just have a single "Send to SoundCloud", and select the file format via a drop down filter box (like you get when you do a "File Open" to decide which kind of file you want to work with)
* we need a common look and feel between all the "pickers" and all the "lists"
* we need to be able to customize toolbars, as well as allow them to be docked or undocked.
* allow the toolbars to use large or small icons (that way, you can get all of them on the screen by using small icons)

Just a few examples, there are many more.

I don't care what the graphic pictures are or the screen layout, but it should be consistent across similar functions. I would think that would not be that difficult to achieve. I'm okay that the BIAB appearance is somewhat unique; so are the other the other major apps, when you get down to it. Sonar's Skylight interface is not like the other DAW interfaces, so different is okay, as far as I'm concerned.

But at lease make things consistent and remove/collapse the redundancies.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com