Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music
Removing menu options can be a sensitive endeavor. It seems for every customer who dislikes an option, there is another who loves it!

This is indeed true but this is the realm and challenge of the GUI designer! I strongly feel PG should hire or consult with an experienced User Experience (UX)/User Interface (UI) designer in order to significantly improve the products. We are way past the days when programmers design interfaces by simply adding yet another option to an already enormous list of options.

An even better example of this would be the Preferences dialog. When this dialog displays it is quite complex (and confusing). And then you see there are 30 buttons that each open another complex dialog!!! As a power user I admit to loving that PG has included all of these options BUT I must also say I can almost never find what I am looking for in this complex set of dialog boxes. And I suspect 80% or more do not need to be so easily available. Maybe a panel with common preferences and then something really deep like the current one.

But an experienced UX/UI designer would be a great place to start!