"To bring this back around to the GUI, most of the old guys here are fine with it because they know it and are familiar with it. And, the number one biggest thing to old people is THEY DON'T LIKE CHANGE."

As Mario mentioned Cakewalk modernized and they got use to it. There were only a few heart attacks, but they left their bodies, went up into the light, got enlightened, the paramedics arrived in the mean time and resuscitated them, bringing them back a lot wiser, loving, compassionate and understanding.

You can keep making it for Older People but they do eventually die off, Cerio was referring to his students 90% give up learning biab finding it too difficult,
That's why THEMES-SKINS was mentioned many times and the REAPER MENU is not about number of items BUT LOOK at the bottom: THEMES !! for young and old alike along with TouchScreen themes for Live use where you don't need all the other stuff just the basics, Big Buttons and Sliders.

I'm trying to make options for young cell phone app/tech savvy AND older users, the 10% and 90% of the population, this way pg will get the lost 90% back and lovin' it.

You know when XP came out how many users switch to the Classic Theme (yes Theme) to make it look and feel like 98/ME ?

CUSTOMIZATION caters for the whole population not just the old customers.

You can't just say:
"Nope! A -1 from me.
I like the GUI. Just because its old in design or "different" doesn't mean its no good."

You have to have empathy for others and say:
"I like the old GUI, would like a skin-theme for it and a modern look skin for my Son, that has good eyes who uses it for Live work on a surface pro touchscreen."

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Reaper Themes 2.jpg (71.89 KB, 187 downloads)