Quote:
...Noel wrote such a beautiful and very "singable" melody.

Janice

Hi Janice... I'm not sure what to say to this. All I know is that I cannot take credit where credit isn't due. It's true, I did send a draft melody across but that was in a completely different key and it was only a draft! The melody you sent back to me was significantly different and much better than what I gave you and Bud to work with. You have a wonderful sense musical flow. However I look at it, the final melody is due to you smile

Hope the sun is shining brightly on the other side of the equator.

All the best to you and Bud,
Noel

P.S. I'm not all that experienced at co-writing. One thing that I learnt this time around, though, is that once a song is completed, it's not easy to look back and to say who did what. Because one idea leads to another and this leads to even more, a thought from one person becomes a starting place for someone else and as ideas are tossed around and back and forth, they morph and grow and become a seamless patchwork quilt of individuals' contributions. I think that maybe the melody of 'Life's Lotto' is a bit of an example of this. My effort simply provided a beginning.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024