Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
I pretty much agree with all these wishlist items. I think P, C and J have good points. My only thing with them is their attitudes and method of posting about it. They seem to think that only by hammering their points again and again will there be any action.

Things tend to get done when paying customers voice their concerns! And you gotta admit for every one of the few who complain there are at least an equal number who are quick to jump in and say they love the GUI so much they wish it was DOS based!

I'm not about to knock him or belittle him or any of that. It's his company, this is his forum, we're all here because of his good graces. He could shut us all down either individually or as a group at any time with zero warning.

I've never intended to belittle Peter or his staff and if my comments upset or offended him or his team I apologize!! I am the first to acknowledge how amazing the RealTracks and RealTracks engine are! Peter deserves some kind of lifetime achievement award for this. Seriously! Nothing short of amazing.

I've been all over this stuff some of you have been posting about recently for years now. It's called been there, done that.

And, because you have already complained plenty, newer users who notice the same issues should not voice their concerns?

Trev, I think your test video of what a new modern GUI should or could look like is absolutely beautiful and I said so at the time you first posted it.

I agree 100% and I hope PG considers using it as inspiration! As a software dev it is always nice to have fans who sing your praises but IMHO it is far better to have fans who will give you honest feedback and even put in the extra effort to actually demonstrate possible improvements!

I think PG should do whatever it takes to come up with a 64 bit version just because. Is it really needed? I doubt it but it makes the company look old.

Agreed!

They need to fix or rewrite or whatever it takes to make these programs work with full VST functionality.

Agreed!

They need to completely rewrite the Help files and reorganize all of the menus. I've written about that off and on for years as well.

Agreed!

So, it seems we agree on almost everything! As a PG customer who pays for my BIAB, upgrades, add-ons, etc. every year, surely that gives me a wee bit of room to suggest improvements in the public forum? (Even if you have already suggested them!) laugh