Hello, everybody

This is my newest vocaloid song.
I wrote it with full orchestration (changed from simple arrangement using RealTracks only) stimulated strongly by Noel’s newest post “Oh! Susanna Variations for Oboe and Flute” using the contrapuntal techniques.
I only used MIDI in this song.
Comments encouraged.
Have at it.

Title: MilkyWay
Vocal: 初音ミク (Miku Hatsune), Vocaloid

Link:

https://soundcloud.com/animarorecords/milkyway-miku

Style is HRPORK44.STY
Style MIDI Instruments are :
Bass (49) assigned to Contrabasses,
Piano (47) assigned to Celesta,
Guitar (45) a little modified and assigned to 2nd Violins, Violas, Cellos,
Strings (50) assigned to 4 French Horns,

Style is alberti.STY
Acoustic Piano (1) assigned to Concert Piano,

Other instruments (1st violins, Solo violin, 2 Flutes, Oboe, Harp, Glockenspiel, Triangle, Wind chime) by myself.

All instruments played with EastWest symphonic orchestra except Concert Piano played with Steingberg The Grand.

Summary and Background of lyrics:

This song was written based on the legend called Tanabata in Japan, in which the wish of a young girl for her lover is sung.

Tanabata is an event related to the stars. It is based on the legend that only once a year, Hikoboshi (Cow herder) and Orihime (Weaving Princess), two lovers, would be allowed to meet each other at the shores of the heavenly river. The moment would take place on the night of July 7th in the lunisolar calendar.

Hikoboshi and Orihime were husband and wife. They were so deeply in love with each other that they ended up neglecting their duties. As punishment, they were separated and only allowed to meet one another once a year.

On the night of 7th July of every year, people write their wishes on colorful paper strips and hang them on bamboo leaves praying they will come true.

In every region of Japan, Tanabata festivals are held around July 7th, where parades and performances are held at the venue.

Orihime’s star represents Vega located to the west of the Milky Way.
Hikoboshi’s star represents Altair located to the east of the Milky Way.
The heavenly River represents the Milky Way.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi