Originally Posted By: rockstar_not
Jim are you doing the manual alignment for every project? Manual track alignment is unnecessary in any DAW software. That's one of the things that just makes me scratch my head as to why people spend so much time messing with it. Have you ever used Real Band or any other software that is advertised as a DAW? You don't have to visually align tracks. They all have latency compensation in them and when you record a new track to be mixed with others they are already aligned. Things have been this way with DAW software in general for at least the last 10 years. Add silence in DAW software usually involves inserting bars. Not sure I understand the add label function, but there are some DAW like Tracktion which allow clip specific plugins and there are several VST which are just note plugins to type in comments and what not. Also most DAW have a tempo calculation feature for imported audio where you select a certain section and tell the DAW what number of measures that represents and voila the tempo is calculated. Click track is actually not printed to audio in most DAW but you can do that as well.

I'll definitively try using my daws, RealBand and Music Creator 6. I appreciate the suggestions.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home