HI! Got it to work! I called PT help desk. He explained what I have to do is run a patch cable from the audio out on my Juno synth to the instrument input in my POD device. Then, record the first track in midi. Switch to another track in PT, go to the Juno and pick the new sound I want on the Juno synth, then hit the record button in PT. What this does is record the same exact notes on the new track with the sound I have chosen on the synth itself. This bypasses having to change patches. Of course, the new recorded with track is now audio, but that's ok because that is what I wanted to end up with.
He also had me do a clean install of PT.
What I am trying to do is record horns for Chicago songs. I have read that they originally "triple tracked" their horns. What I am trying to do is get that same fat sound. Now, instead of playing single notes on single horns, I am playing chords using the horn section setting. The I record that on the next track using a different horn section. Huge difference! Any suggestions to "fatten up" the sound?
Thanks for ALL your time and effort!!!!
Bernier