Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

OK, ball's in my court, so here goes:

hi Trevor - and thanks!

I fully understand how the program got these problems in the first place - it's because it has evolved and delivered amazing features that could never have been anticipated during its earlier ongoing development. It's because sometimes there was no logical place to put 'this and that' new feature, so we put it 'here and there', and this happened multiple times, and eventually some of the delivered menu functionality at these locations started to make less and less sense.

Yes - I think that puts it very precisely. To me, with a very small amount of project management background (even picked up a qualification at one point), this is not unusual ... it's actually absolutely the normal course of any product which doesn't precisely know what it will look like when it's complete. Be it software, a house, a city. Projects, I learned, can be either be executed in 'controlled', or 'uncontrolled' environments. But ultimately 'controlled' ones are better because they work towards peoples interests in defined ways, and therefore are also more profitable.

Hope this assist in some way. I'm really pleased to see this thread get traction and enthusiasm from all parties. It's definitely needed.

Trevor

yes, absolutely. thank you.