Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Rec,

A great "sound" to this!

Cool BAND. The tone of your guitar matches nicely.

I especially like the vocal(s). How did you created the effect? It sort of sounds like there is a "perfect" harmony covering the entire vocal - like it was created (as opposed to sung). It is a beautiful effect - however it was done...

A terrific listen.

floyd

Thanks a lot for this Floyd. I had the chord progression in my head for ages but when I paired it with this new Xtra style the melody just came to me. I still find BIAB "THE" creative songwriting tool of choice.

The guitar tone was my Variax JTV (using the normal pickups) DI'd and using S-Gear factory preset Heaven.

I spent quite a long time over the past few months working on creating a harmony vocal sound although it is quite labor intensive especially for complex chord progressions. I use a combination of my uncorrected vocal tracks alongside pitch corrected tracks, sung harmonies, generated harmonies (especially the very high or low parts which I can't reach) and stereo placement of each part is important. I also sometimes use doubling either using an effect or by cloning and delaying/panning tracks. I am still experimenting with the technique and bringing in other "harmonizing elements" but the key thing I find is getting the relative levels between all the vocal parts right.

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wonderful!! I hear some Floyd (Pink, not Jane), some Sting, some old Fleetwood Mac (Bob Welch era), and a whole bunch of stuff I really like. Guitar is fantastic! Great job with EVERYTHING!! Take care. Greg

Much appreciated Greg. The guitar was literally jammed in one take and I decided to leave in a couple of slight glitches as I didn't want to mess with the overall vibe.

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Awesome tune. Excellent vocal. I here pink floyd in the song as well. Guitar was awesome as well. Very cool tone.

Many thanks Scott. I find the tones in S-Gear (by Scuffham) to be much better sounding than most other amp sim plugins although Revalver comes a close second.

Rec

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.