I really appreciate all the positive comments. This has always been a fun song for us, but the XTRA style really changed the sound from what we originally did. And I love having the harmonica.

The harmonies were created by using the built-in TC-Helicon harmonizer (which is somewhat dated, but still works).
I did a 2-down/1-up for my voice and then the same for Chris' voice, for a total of six harmony tracks. I selected the 2nd entry for vibrato for each harmony voice(can't remember the name of it right now), which is very light, but creates a little more warmth and reduces the "computer-generated" sound. I also made the harmonies a little more "loose" (one of the settings in the harmonizer). I then panned them opposite to where we were singing (as my lead voice is panned a little right and Chris' is a little left), so my harmonies ended up on the left and Chris' harmonies on the right. The high harmonies are farthest out in the stereo field and the low harmonies are closer to the center. Then it was a matter of adjusting volume and applying a little reverb.

I could have used a ton of plugins (I'm not lacking) and what not, but I'm a "keep it simple" kind of guy. I'm sure someone with much greater skill than I could have created a much better mix, but hey, I had fun, and learned something, and it's my mix. So there! smile

Although when I choose to, I can sing my own harmonies, when all I have is a melody track from someone else, I obviously can't sing harmony "using their voice", so that's why I like having the harmonizer. As I've said before, I wish there were an updated harmonizer that took advantage of newer pitch stretching technologies to avoid some of the chipmunk-ness you often get.

Now I've got to go listen to some of the other recent submissions in the contest. This has been great, and fun, both from a "creating" perspective and a "listening" perspective.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com