Same thing happened to me too John. The Anniversary update downloaded on its own during the night unbeknownst to me. Thought it was odd that my computer, which I normally leave on at night, had rebooted.

Didn't notice any problems until I brought my music system up. Couldn't get my Roland Fantom XR to show up. After several hours found that the driver had been deleted. A real problem since Roland hasn't update the driver since 2009. Not only that, but you have to use the 2009 driver and take it into a text editor and modify it for use with x64 Win10.

Once I got that going again, found that the update had reset many of the options within Win 10 back to their default settings.

While I understand that an update is best applied across systems that have standard configs, the hours lost were not appreciated.

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3