I don't hate Real Tracks either. But I use MIDI much more often than I do the RTs. It's nice to have both.

I find that with a good synth, MIDI tracks sound about 95% as good as the Real Track. But the MIDI tracks have a set of advantages that for me more than make up for that difference. The MIDI tracks are thousands of times more editable than the Real Tracks. So with RTs I just sit back and listen to what someone else played, which can be fine. But with MIDI tracks I can can add better endings, add song specific licks, add kicks, clean up shots that don't work quite right, change specific notes, change chord inversions, change the instrument (examples, that clean guitar might sound better as a fuzz guitar or a Rhodes piano or a Clavinet), change specific drum instruments (change the ride cymbal to a cowbell), change the chord inversion (perhaps put the melody note on top or avoid that altogether), change the groove (example, rush or drag the up beats), and so much, much more.

The MIDI tracks allow me to play with the "toy" more and put more of my own creativeness into the music.

I find I use MIDI tracks most of the time, and if the RT is the right tool, I'll mix it in.

Neither one is right or wrong, it's personal preference.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks