Originally Posted By: musiclover
Some times (when I am in one of my Star Trek moments, loved that show) I wonder if we ever got in contact with an alien civilization, and their taste in music was such that the more out of tune and dissonant you sound, the greater you sound to their ears.

This was the theme of a cute short story years ago about a bad tuba player. The story was about a super alien race who needed our planet for whatever reason and considered all of our works and technology "ants playing with twigs" until one of them happened to hear this tuba player and thought it was the greatest expression of high art he had ever heard in the galaxy and decided we were worth saving. The tuba player became a superstar who was taken on their starships to gave concerts everywhere in front of all kinds of different races. What was funny was he had no clue what it was about his playing they liked other than he knew he was a bad tuba player so he deliberately played his limited selection of tuba parts as horribly as he could.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.