That was an interesting little side trip for me, going to Tommy Adam's Soundcloud and giving it a listen. After expressing my admiration for his music, I did have a couple of thoughts.I also liked "Waterline".
Those thoughts can go either expressed or unexpressed. Let me say, lately, my perspective has been shaped by the digital revolution. Also, I have "gone Christian."
1) Nashville heyday, to borrow a phrase from Murder on Music Row, about "drinkin and cheatin' songs." The pathos was internal, the medium was the jukebox.
2) Today, a new introspection has breached the horizon.
Whereas before, it would have been suicide (figuratively) to "up the organization," today it is being done, and done all over the place. Hangovers have been replaced by investigative journalists and alt-news sites.
3) The lead singer of tne of the top 80's and 90's girl groups blew the whistle on the label after cashing out and being handed the measly proceeds of a decade's dominance as one of radio's most played artists. The settlement gave new meaning to "after deductions.."
4) Then, someone else quipped, "Commercial music is going out of business in the worst possible way, banging their heads on every step, on the way down." Wish I had said that.

Incidentally, my experience with those cats in Nashville was nothing but good. I never had conflicts with art and business.
Found the "real" people very friendly, not cut throat, and very
aware of the problems true artists face in the world, since most of them were true artists, in my opinion. They drank a bit.

Last edited by edshaw; 10/17/16 08:40 AM.

Link: www.soundcloud.com/ed_shaw (Feel Free to Use)
https://drooble.com/edward.shaw/hymn/index.htm
Biab for WIN 2020 -- Win 10 64bit -- Reaper/Audacity
Zoom R-16 -- Tascam DP-03-SD -- SoundTap -- Crescendo --