If you want the actual song, then just download a quality MIDI file and work from there.

BIAB allows you to pick a style that provides something that an artist might do or a groove that a particular song might use, but it will never be that exact song. Otherwise, every style would be song specific, and I suspect get into a lot of copyright issues. You are just not going to be able to select a Rolling Stones Style and get the guitar riff for Satisfaction (whether you typed Satisfaction in the filter field or not).

As I read the style descriptions, selecting a song title isn't so that you get a style that mimics a particular song, but more that it gives you a style that "should work" for that song (or maybe not, YMMV, since it's someone else's interpretation).

Like Bob said, if you choose a funk artist, then you're not going to get Average White Band, but you're going to get styles that work with a funk groove.

As far as I understand it, BIAB has never been designed to provide you with "covers", but merely the ability to select something in line with what a particular artist might generally create. That can then become your version of the song. It's been this way in BIAB as far back as I can remember.

That being said, if you use MIDI, you could fairly easily create your own song specific styles by using a MIDI file as the source and then using the style wizard to create parts that mimic the riffs of the song. That would let you reharmonize a song, yet keep the original riffs in place, or make a different song sound like that song. But as far as sharing or selling that, you would be treading into copyright territory.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com