Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Noel

I also agree. Positive and delightful! It is a very good song as a musical tune or may not. The modulation and the dominant motions of the bridge and the deceptive cadence of the end of the melody are wonderful and very Gershwin-like. The choice of the instruments at interlude is perfect. The mixing is very clean and beautiful and your vocal is very nice.
I enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Konichiwa Shigeki Adachi,

I really appreciate that you took time to visit the thread and have a listen. Thank you.

It was fun putting this song together. In relation to the dominant movement and cadences, the chord progression was modelled on George Gershwin's work. I took out all the extended sounds in chords and created a musical texture with only major, minor, minor seventh and dominant seventh chords. That seemed to work well enough so I left it at that. The modulation came about simply because I needed to make the song last a bit longer (at 165 bpm, it disappeared quickly). Repeating the last section without changing key sounded a bit boring. I thought that changing the key added a bit of extra life and made it a bit more interesting again.

Once again, thank you for taking the time.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024